What is TIPTOP?
The Transforming Intermittent Preventive Treatment for Optimal Pregnancy (TIPTOP) project is an innovative, community-based approach that aims to dramatically increase the number of pregnant women in malaria-affected countries in sub-Saharan Africa receiving antimalarial preventive therapy, thus saving the lives of thousands of mothers and newborns.
Latest News and Announcements
- Bringing malaria prevention to pregnant women across Africa
- Community delivery of malaria intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy
- Coverage of intermittent preventive treatment of malaria in pregnancy in four sub-Saharan countries
- Trust, community health workers and delivery of intermittent preventive treatment of malaria in pregnancy
- TIPTOP Covid-19 Brief; english / français
- TIPTOP Learning Resource Package available
Why is TIPTOP important?
TIPTOP will drive impact in target countries and regionally to significantly increase coverage of pregnant women to prevent malaria in pregnancy.
Bending the Curve
TIPTOP will bend the curve—reaching the hardest to reach and drastically reducing missed opportunities for eligible pregnant women to receive SP.
TIPTOP will apply an innovative approach, complementary to antenatal care services: introducing community-level distribution of QA SP and driving market change with introduction of QA SP.
Malaria in Pregnancy (MiP)
An innovative, community-based approach that aims to dramatically increase the number of pregnant women in malaria-affected countries in sub-Saharan Africa receiving life-saving antimalarial treatment.
© TIPTOP | 1615 Thames Street, Baltimore, MD 21231 | TEL: 410-537-1800